About Our Studios
At MART Studios we pride ourselves on sustaining a community of studios that offer affordable, cooperative and professional environments for the development of all things cultural! We do this by working with local landlords and authorities to inhabit spaces that facilitate artists’ studios and workspaces for creatives. We cater to emerging and established practitioners with a range of studios and project spaces for all forms of creativity.
We are one of the largest suppliers of independent space for the arts, cultural and creative community in Ireland, now supporting 150 members in several studio buildings across Dublin. Our members and studios have a strong impact on the local and national Creative Economy. Our studios have great transport links and neighbour some of Dublin’s best bars, cafés, restaurants & vintage shops.
New MART Studios at Grainstore Cabinteely Park
MART Directors Ciara Scanlan and Matthew Nevin are delighted to have successfully partnered with the Arts Office of Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council to provide MART Studios at the iconic Grainstore building at Cabinteely Park, County Dublin.
MART will facilitate artists and creative studios to individuals, groups and organisations in the area to provide the opportunity to create, showcase and develop new and existing work. MART will work alongside established and emerging practitioners of all disciplines to provide safe and professional workspace and exhibition opportunities.
MART is operating this building on a break even basis, where all money generated from the rental of studios goes directly to the operating, insurance, management, maintenance and rental costs of the building.
MART is proud to provide a wide range of creative studios varying in sizes. We have small and large studios in contemporary workspaces and large creative spaces.
MART was set up by artists for artists. It began in 2007 by Ciara Scanlan and Matthew Nevin as a way to create exhibition opportunities for artists.
MART seeks to create opportunities by providing creative workspace and platforms to support creatives from all stages of their careers to test new ground.
Our Studio Buildings & Members
At MART we redevelop buildings, work with local communities, attract and create jobs and improve localities through our main values:
- Cultural Advocacy: We advocate for the arts and visual culture, promoting inspiration, education and freedom of expression. We develop creative platforms to support and challenge artists. We dedicate all of our activities to supporting creativity.
- Community Building: We regenerate vacant and derelict buildings, allowing them to serve their locality. We create communities of artists allowing for opportunities of collaboration and support.
- Sustainability: We operate as a self-supporting organisation and provide a safe studio environment allowing artists to concentrate on their work and sustain their practice in a dedicated space, free from worry.
Our Member Benefits:
- Joining one of Ireland’s largest creative artistic communities with over 150 members across Dublin.
- Opportunity to exhibit your work our annual Member Exhibition
- Occasional free use of our galleries for documentation of work, photoshoots, rehearsals, etc.
- Skill Sharing – Connect, share and learn for free with your fellow creative peers.
- Members Group Critiques & meet-ups.
- Curator Visits by MART curators or visiting professionals.
- Feature your work on our Website and Social Media to our thousands of followers.
- Promote exhibitions and other news through MART Social media channels.
- On The Radar For International Exhibitions.
- Access To Tools & our Equipment.
- Heart of Vibrant Creative Community.
- No Bills | Superfast Broadband | Parking where possible.
- Open Studio events held throughout the year
- Safe & Comfortable Space with studio access from 7am to 11pm daily.
- Fire and burglar alarm, with security monitored 24hrs a day.