About Our Studios
MART Studios is one of the leading providers of sustainable workspace for the creative community in Dublin and Galway. With seven studio buildings and over 150 members, we offer a range of studios and project spaces to support emerging and established artists working in all forms of creativity. By working with local landlords and authorities, we transform spaces into vibrant and inspiring places for artists to work and create.
We are dedicated to cultural advocacy, community building, and sustainability. Our studios provide a professional and affordable environment for artists to concentrate on their work, and our organization operates on a self-sustaining model. MART Studios is the largest supplier of independent space for the arts and cultural community in Ireland, and we have a strong impact on the local and national creative economy.
We believe that our members and the communities they form are our greatest asset. That’s why we organize Studio Crits, Open Studios, and exhibitions, and maintain an active social media presence for member promotion and interaction. At MART Studios, we aim to create opportunities for artists and provide a space for them to test new ground at every stage of their careers. Our main objectives and core ethos revolve around redeveloping buildings, working with local communities, attracting and creating jobs, and improving localities. All income generated by the organization is invested back into our activities, such as creating platforms for artists, refurbishing buildings, and promoting the growth of artistic communities.
MART is proud to provide a wide range of creative studios varying in sizes. We have small and large studios in contemporary workspaces and large creative spaces.
MART was set up by artists for artists. It began in 2007 by Ciara Scanlan and Matthew Nevin as a way to create exhibition opportunities for artists.
MART seeks to create opportunities by providing creative workspace and platforms to support creatives from all stages of their careers to test new ground.
Interesting in Joining our Community - Complete our one of our Enquiry Forms
We will email out those on our enquiry lists when a studio becomes available.
Our Studio Buildings & Members
At MART we redevelop buildings, work with local communities, attract and create jobs and improve localities through our main values:
- Cultural Advocacy: We advocate for the arts and visual culture, promoting inspiration, education and freedom of expression. We develop creative platforms to support and challenge artists. We dedicate all of our activities to supporting creativity.
- Community Building: We regenerate vacant and derelict buildings, allowing them to serve their locality. We create communities of artists allowing for opportunities of collaboration and support.
- Sustainability: We operate as a self-supporting organisation and provide a safe studio environment allowing artists to concentrate on their work and sustain their practice in a dedicated space, free from worry.
Our Member Benefits:
- Artistic Community: Join a thriving artistic community with over 150 members across Dublin & Galway and the opportunity to connect, share and learn with fellow creative peers.
- Exhibition Opportunities: Showcase your work at the annual Member Exhibition and other exhibitions and events organised by MART.
- Facilities: Benefit from occasional free use of MART galleries for documentation of work, photoshoots, rehearsals, etc.
- Website and Social Media Exposure: Get your work featured on MART’s website and social media platforms with thousands of followers.
- Professional Development: Participate in Members Group Critiques & meet-ups and receive visits from MART curators and visiting professionals.
- Access to Tools and Equipment: Utilize MART’s tools and equipment to support your creative practice.
- Utilities & Parking: Enjoy a no-bills studio with superfast broadband and parking where possible.
- Comfortable and Safe Environment: Work in a safe and comfortable environment with 24/7 security monitoring and fire and burglar alarm systems.
- Convenient Hours of Operation: Access your studio from 7am to 11pm daily.
- Open Studio Events: Participate in open studio events h and promote your exhibitions and other news through MART social media channels.
- Opportunities for International Exposure: Be on the radar for international exhibitions and gain exposure to a wider audience.